Laura Sandefer is co-founder and head of school of the Acton Academy in Austin, Texas. She writes this blog from the heart of a parent guiding her children to live a hero’s journey. The purpose of this blog is to inform Acton Academy parents about on-going campus and curriculum planning; and to serve as a gathering place for these parents’ stories about the experience of being in the unique community of learners that is Acton.
- We’ve Moved!
- Acton Academy – We can’t keep it a best-kept secret
- Parent: Are you a Multiplier or Diminsher?
- Confused about Strikes and Eagle Bucks?
- Joy + Rigor
- A Story for Every Acton Academy Parent
- Parents Need Running Partners, too
- Why and How Do We Start a Family Plan?
- Eagle Picks for Recommended Reading (elementary school)
- Why No Required Reading Lists?